Monday, October 12, 2009

DO YOU HAIKU?

It was so nice so see so many of our students at our Sukkot Sunday Celebration. On Tuesday, after talking about the mysteries of the lulav and the etrog, and sharing stories about the different types of Jews and the four species, students had time to visit the sukkah, say the blessings, and have a snack, fulfilling the Sukkot Mitzvot. We also talked about the commandment of inviting guests to visit us in the Sukkah. Finally, students wrote Haikus, Limericks, and poems to share with the class. Here are just a few...

Etrogs smell so good
Our lulav is so cool
Sukkot is so fun.

Cookies and candy
Sukkah hopping is so much fun
I hope it won;t rain.

In the sukkah
We get wet in the sukkah
And have a good time.

Sukkot
Saying the prayers
And enjoying the great food
Shaking the lulac and etrog up and down.
Sukkot

All cultures inside
My sukkah filled with people
All my friends inside.

The lulav isn't wide
The lulav is made of trees leaves
The myrtle are barely poking out
They like to hide

Sukkah
takes to long to build
hours of labor and work
It was so worth it.

Lulav and etrog
date, myrtle, willow, citron
Smelling very good

The etrog smelled good
The lulac shook very hard
Today is sukkot

Sukkot has full moons
On the 15th of Tishre
I see it at night

We made a sukkah
We gorgot to make a door.
We're stuck inside, HELP!

The etrog smells good
The date treee has no good smell
The willow shows lips

Lulav and etrog
Shake together in all ways
They are both so great

In my own sukkah
I had my long green lulav
And my own etrog

No comments: